Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Play (default) -> Error creating player for item; Play using... VideoPlayer -> works
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,
Running Kodi 17.6 on Odroid-C2 since months already.
Today I noticed that all Video and Music files either located locally on Kodi or NAS (shared via NFS) can't be played:

ERROR: Error creating player for item /storage/videos/KnockOut.Boxing.Night.4.ts (File doesn't exist?)
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [/storage/videos/KnockOut.Boxing.Night.4.ts]

ERROR: Error creating player for item nfs://192.168.1.111/mnt/MyNAS/Movies/Movie.mkv (File doesn't exist?)
ERROR: PlayMedia could not play media: nfs://192.168.1.111/mnt/MyNAS/Movies/Movie.mkv

This is not a problem with NFS as pictures stored on them can be displayed.

I'm able to open Video files only when use "Play using..." option and then select "VideoPlayer" instead of (default) option.
For Music files similar solution allow me to open them: "Play using..." -> PAPPlayer instead of (default) option.

Question is: what happened and how to solve this?
Today everything is back to normal.
No changes made by me at all, just after few hours video and music plays as should.
What difference I see now is that there are no separate actions available in "Play using..." as it was:
(Default)
VideoPlayer

but now it is one:
VideoPlayer (Default)

Really weird case...
Problem is back.
Does anyone knows what could be the root case of this issue that I suddenly have two options in "Play using...":
(Default) and VideoPlayer
instead of one:
VideoPlayer (Default)
which causing that I'm getting in Kodi log errors like this:
ERROR: Error creating player for item /storage/tvshows/Epizod01.mp4 (File doesn't exist?)
ERROR: Playlist Player: skipping unplayable item: 0, path [/storage/tvshows/Epizod01.mp4.mp4]