Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Avi file, sound won’t play on one tv
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey,
So I’ve only just noticed this to be an issue but I was wondering if anyone else has come across it. So I have two odroidC2’s running off of Kodi 16.1 from my server’s database. One on the tv downstairs which is a new Sony kd43xe8004 4K smart tv and an older Toshiba upstairs (couldn’t tell you the model off the top of my head but it was bought back in 2011). So today when I was wanting to watch one of my tv programmes from the database on my Sony tv, the avi file would play but had no sound, which I found odd as I’ve watched the video before with no issues. At first I thought it was the file but when I tried the same file on my Toshiba it worked fine. I’ve read online that Sony TVs won’t play all avi files as this is something to do with the codec of it, but I thought I would ask to see if this is an issue anyone else has had? Any advice would be great. Thanks
Since the avi is a container for all sorts of video and audio formats, I suggest you find what the offending avi contains - MediaInfo is one tool which can tell you