Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can Kodi Automatically Convert Audio While Transferring to Android?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am running Manjaro Linux and forced to use MediaMonkey in Wine as there seems to be no comparable Linux software with the function I am looking for. MediaMonkey offers an Android application that can connect to MediaMonkey Windows as a UPNP Server to not only browse my music collection but transfer music to my phone. If the music matches certain rule(s), in my case anything over 320Kbps, it converts the audio to MP3 before transferring to my android device. It was suggested Kodi *might* have a similar function. I have browsed the add-ons but see nothing that seems to match this functionality. So is it possible to do this via Kodi?
no, kodi does not transcode
Thanks for the answer. I'm surprised by that!
No idea what media monkey is but are you sure there isn't a linux native solution to your audio needs?
(2018-10-18, 22:38)graysky Wrote: [ -> ]No idea what media monkey is but are you sure there isn't a linux native solution to your audio needs?
Sadly there isn't based on my searching and responses on my distros support forum.

Media Monkey is a music organizer with various add ons. It's based of the old Winamp source code.

One of the functions is acting as a upnp server to browse my collection from my phone. I can selectively download albums and songs to my phone. I try to archive all my music in FLAC on my PC but I want it stored in mp3 on my SD card. Media Monkey automatically converts the flac to. Mp3 on download if the source matches a set of predefined rules.