Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to run kodi standalone with Wayland
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I recently upgraded from an fm2 socket APU to 2200G. It has a lot of bugs still but is usable apart from not supporting graphical output that is.
I’ve been running the machine with no desktop but with Kodi which is started standalone with minimal x11 dependencies. After the upgrade that broke and in fact x11 doesn’t work in any shape or form. Simply running “startx” results in a segfault 0x90 and that’s that. No apparent solution to this, just bug reports. Fedora workstation live USB behaves the same way so it’s not my install. The thing is that weston starts ok and wayland desktop seems to work fine as well.
The question is if kodi can be run standalone on Wayland the same as it can with x11? I did see in another thread someone posted their systemd service using wayland but it used a kodi-wayland executable and I found no references to it anywhere. Any insight would be very much appreciated!

Here is how I was starting kodi in X11:
Code:
/usr/bin/xinit /usr/bin/kodi-standalone -- :0 -