Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Locking the TV Show ID?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have an issue that happens periodically, but with no trigger that I can identify.  I have a few TV shows that have the same name as an older show, such as The Flash (1990, 2014) and The Goldbergs (1949, 2013).  All shows are properly scrapped and identified, and then out of the blue, they change to the older show and I need to go back in an rescrape each show to get it properly identified.  I use the command line updater as a cron job in linux if this makes any difference.  I am looking for a way to permanently set the ID so it can't be changed.

Thanks
Did you put name and year in the (top) folder for the tb shows?
I have tried it with and without the year, it happens either way.  All title currently have the year.  I am using the TheTVDB scrapper, and I am thinking of changing it to see if the problem is scrapper specific.
On first scrape, we usually have only the name (and hopefully the year)
If we find 2 same named shows, we usually won't automatically scrape, since they both have a match score of 100%.
(see title match confidence level in settings - should be around .75)

Once we have an ID, all subsequent scrapes use the ID for search and scraping.
So i have no idea, how it should change to something else.
maybe you can reproduce that, and send us the logs...

Another Q:
Why scraping an already scraped show again?
How is your workflow?
Sonarr downloads new episodes to the monitored directories and TMM is run as a cron job every 15 minutes from command line.  When I get home I will check on the flags used.  I don;t think I am telling it to rescrape shows, it just does.  Next time it happens, I will post the log file.
I use the following command: tinyMediaManagerCMD.sh -update -scrapeNew