Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: EstuaryByFog
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all,

thought someone might enjoy my estuary tweaks.

It's still estuary (kodi v18 leia up to v19.1 is still working) but with a few changes.

Home screen
The home screen displays more info/options.  I added a few on/off options in settings for adding "action" , "comedy", "SCIFI" lists to the home screen. Also changed the panel view in favor of a fixed list option, this means the selected movie is always on the left of the screen ie focus doesn't move left to right instead the list moves behind it.

Also added a disappearing movie description panel to the home screen, so as you select different movies/tv shows it displays the genre and description to the left of the movie.

TV shows recently added list has also been changed to only show that there are new episodes for a particular show, so if you add multiple episodes you will only have one item on the list instead of many, IMHO its a lot less messy than standard estuary.

Keyboard
The keyboard has changed to allow scrolling left to right, top to bottom etc without jumping to odd locations and a few other bits and pieces.

I have tried to set it up so you have more movies you can select and play straight from the home screen.

I don't have much time to mess with it, so it will probably stay how it is.  But let me know what you think though.

see here https://github.com/kazafog/skin.estuarybyfog

I would add pics but its a PITA.
Hi, a tip regarding pics: imgur.com/upload is fast & easy to use for some pics.
You're right Raitsa, damn quick, cheers

see attach pics. 

Note: the new button near the settings button, it is an update library. For those that don't want to update library, keep clear.

ImageImageImageImage
As I stated on GitHub I modded the settings.xml (not Settings.xml) and I don't know where to put it so it will load with the skin any help on this would be fantastic. 

from GitHub
"BTW

I modified the settings.xml to allow the on/off buttons in the skin config settings, but I don't know how/where to put it so it is installed when installing from my zip file. So...I have added it to the root directory in the "--SETTING FILE--" folder. This needs to be placed in the "userdata/addon_data/skin.estuary.byfog" folder. I can't find any info on how to do this properly so any help would be great."
FYI

The skin has been updated to work on kodi v19.1 (matrix) on github.
The plot shown on the home screen works best when autoscroll is on. 

Autoscroll stopped working after a kodi update a while back, I thought it was an incompatibility issue but turns out theres a setting in kodi that had been disabled. I think it was listed under 'configure skin'.
(2021-07-04, 11:56)kazafog Wrote: [ -> ]The plot shown on the home screen works best when autoscroll is on. 

Autoscroll stopped working after a kodi update a while back, I thought it was an incompatibility issue but turns out theres a setting in kodi that had been disabled. I think it was listed under 'configure skin'.

I do like this, will you be updating to include the features of the latest version of Estuary?
Maybe i haven't even used estuary with matrix, as soon as i updated i dropped my version on. I will try it out, what specific options/features have been added.?
(2021-08-29, 03:28)kazafog Wrote: [ -> ]Maybe i haven't even used estuary with matrix, as soon as i updated i dropped my version on. I will try it out, what specific options/features have been added.?
Coding changes moving from Python 2 to 3 I would not know - no longer need to have the forked Artwork Beef or Dump, I see more media information and the user can tweak a bit - vendor_logo to the home screen (kodi > media > vendor_logo.png).

When I tried your skin it appeared to have the light tweaks I was looking for, though I could not activate the home screen widgets (could this be settings.xml?) and some media information in the footer was absent

Matrix 19.1 with EstuaryByFog  and Matrix 19.1 with default Estuary
ImageImage

This is a great skin and I hope you will continue with it.

Ideally have matching transparency on home page, figure out what is wrong with the home screen widgets, reduce  media title and description font size a tad and include the missing footing info - release date etc.
Aha,

I will have a look and see if i can find all the mods i made and transfer them.
(2021-08-29, 21:32)kazafog Wrote: [ -> ]Aha,

That would be great, I quite like the Kodi symbol next to the Netflix Home media logo and your idea of showing title & plot.

With the font size, many of the anime shows have really long titles:-
Full Dive - This Ultimate Next-Gen Full Dive RPG Is Even Shittier than Real Life!
I've Been Killing Slimes For 300 Years And Maxed Out My Level
Suppose a Kid from the Last Dungeon Boonies moved to a starter town

so perhaps you reduce the font size and truncate or have scrolling title?
(2021-08-29, 21:32)kazafog Wrote: [ -> ]Aha,

Do you still have the Leia version?