Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Unable to resume video from last played point on networked Pi's
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have 2 RPi's, one in the living room and another in the bedroom. I recently added a SQL server so I can share resume points between the 2 Pi's. I initially used UPnP to share library between the 2 Pi's. I am able to watch from one Pi and resume on the other Pi. Everything works great except I cannot delete from the client Pi. I have to go to the Pi, where the HDD is attached to, to delete the video. 

I have a NAS laying around and set it up to share files (using NFS instead of SMB) between the 2 Pi's. Both Pi's can play the videos on the NAS just fine and I can even delete the videos from either Pi's now. However, if I start a video in the living room and resume in the bedroom or vise versa, I do not get the option to resume from where I left of. It seems that the resume point is not being shared between the 2 Pi's. What am I doing wrong? 

Any help is greatly appreciated.
Never used UPnP.  Did you setup the advancedsettings.xml per the wiki?
Hi graysky. Yes, I followed the instruction found here (https://kodi.wiki/view/MySQL/Setting_up_Kodi) to set up the advancedsettings.xml although I skipped step 2 (exporting part) as I figured a new library will be created anyway.
What distribution and version of kodi are both systems using?
You won't be able to share watched status/resume point if kodi versions are different (specifically if they are on different versions of the video database).
..and a debug log from your client that cannot connect would be useful in diagnosing
Both are running Kodi 17.6. I got frustrated yesterday so I reinstalled OSMC on both Pi's (running ver. 2018-08-2). It seems to work now. I don't know what caused it initially to not resume so I hope it doesn't come back coz I don't wanna have to do another reinstall.
You probably had a trivial mistake in advancedsettings.xml or something easy.