Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Prevent monitor from turning off while watching videos
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi everyone! Hope you're all having a nice life! I'm using MX-17.1 and have set up the monitor to turn off after 10 minutes of inactivity in the power settings. I can watch videos in vlc and the monitor doesn't turn off but with kodi it does. I'd like to know if there's an option/add-on that helps me in preventing the monitor from turning off while watching videos. Thank you in advance for all of your answers.
No idea what MX-17.1 is ... and no chance to find it out: Debug Log please
I have a Windows machine for which I am looking for the opposite. It is a tablet and I want the machine to switch off the screen while playing radio on Kodi.

In both Windows and Kodi there is an option to dim the screen after a while. I have enabled both but the screen doesn't switch off. In your case, Moltke, perhaps you should disable that option
(2018-10-23, 07:03)fritsch Wrote: [ -> ]No idea what MX-17.1 is ... and no chance to find it out: Debug Log please
 Isn't this the Linux subforum? MX Linux-17.1 is a Debian and Antix based Linux distro, so you may think of it as I'm on Debian 9 Stretch. https://distrowatch.com/table.php?distribution=mx
Quote:I have a Windows machine for which I am looking for the opposite. It is a tablet and I want the machine to switch off the screen while playing radio on Kodi.

In both Windows and Kodi there is an option to dim the screen after a while. I have enabled both but the screen doesn't switch off. In your case, Moltke, perhaps you should disable that option

Thanks for the Suggestion. However, I'd already tried that with no effect.

Well, I figured it out. Actually, it was rather silly from me not noticing at first. I was using Kodi in windowed mode and not in fullscreen mode, I changed to fullscreen mode and now I can watch my videos and the monitor doesn't turn off anymore Smile