Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Leia Audio Visualizations Problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Good morning at all,
i write here because recently i'm facing a lot of problems about audio Visualization using the last development build of Kodi Leia (updating it every day) on platform Windows.
I tried before to search about solutions but without any kind of success...so i will try to write it here the problems in order to understand better if there's some kind of solution or if i'm the only one with those kind of problems but let's go in order and make a list.

Problems with Shadertoy:
-sometimes the presets list is empty
-i notice that the presets names are not all the presets that are actually into the addon directory (i can't see in the list AudioEclipse for example)
-when i turn on the visualization instead of see it working (and it worked in some previous build of leia) i see like a portion of xml code (projected specular in vertical so upside down) or a big icon like the one about settings
-settings tab of the visualization are empty

Problems with Vortex:
-vortex preset list is empty
-i can't see any visualization running

Hope in some kind of help and i thank you already for any answer

Best Regards
I searched a little bit more and seems that i'm not the only one having various problems with the music visualizzation addons.
I don't know if it's usefull but i'm using the 64bit build of Kodi Leia c77874c5
Tried with 32bit version, deleted and reinstalled shadertoy but doesn't work as for the 64bit version
Hi and thank you for your thread - issue confirmed here too.

I'm running Kodi Leia Beta 5 x64 on Windows and shadertoy doesn't work - in my case it won't even start.

I can only run mikdrop while playing music and that's it (vortex won't start either).
(2018-11-11, 11:21)pwrusr.com Wrote: [ -> ]Hi and thank you for your thread - issue confirmed here too.

I'm running Kodi Leia Beta 5 x64 on Windows and shadertoy doesn't work - in my case it won't even start.

I can only run mikdrop while playing music and that's it (vortex won't start either).
exactly the same problem. The only working one for me are Milkdrop1 and 2 and wave.
I can confirm shadertoy working as screensaver only
"3xistence" @
I guess it's safe to assume that the shadertoy developer might wish to reproduce this issue so I've opened a new issue on his GitHub page - https://github.com/xbmc/visualization.sh.../issues/33
I can only reaffirm the same problems that many others have as well.  I'm running LibreELEC and have only Spectrum working.  If I try to go to MQ Settings from Fullscreen it crashes Kodi unless I turn off Spectrum first.

Music Visualizations are the forgotten child in nearly every Kodi or LE upgrade for several years now.  With each program advance they break and we can only hope and wait for a good person to fix the problem (especially projectM).  As a user only with very limited coding skills I have tried many ways to get these working again, but no luck.  It is not a simple issue.
projectm has been fixed for v18 beta.
Actually i have the problem with the standard Nightly RC of Kodi for Windows Platform 64bit
(2018-11-11, 19:52)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]projectm has been fixed for v18 beta.
I upgraded to LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.007 ALPHA, found projectM on the LibreELEC repository, DL'd and enabled.  Viola!! It is working again.

Thanks to all that got this working again, whoever and wherever you are.
(2018-11-15, 18:45)jasn Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-11, 19:52)wsnipex Wrote: [ -> ]projectm has been fixed for v18 beta.
I upgraded to LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.007 ALPHA, found projectM on the LibreELEC repository, DL'd and enabled.  Viola!! It is working again.

Thanks to all that got this working again, whoever and wherever you are. 
 mostly it's original creator, spiff aka notspiff
Anyone else still having issues? I can't get shadertoy to work on with 32bit or 64bit Kodi versions on Windows. It works fine on Android. I can choose a preset but no visualisations start.