Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Changing local artwork
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, I have a poster for a movie in the same directory....movie-poster.jpg

It works fine, however, I decided that I wanted to change the poster to something else but I cannot figure it out.

I deleted the original movie-poster.jpg from my hard drive. Put the new poster on the hard drive named the same thing...movie-poster.jpg

I then go in to change the the poster artwork, instead of selecting remote artwork, I select Local Artwork, bc the poster is saved with the movie on the hard drive. That all works fine.

It is when I power off and then power on, the old original poster is back in place. I am assuming it is cached somewhere because the original poster is deleted from my hard drive.

Please help I cannot figure this out 😥
I can't find your log.
Log?
Yes, you know, that thing you're supposed to have posted by now. Otherwise how does anyone know what system/distro you're running, or how you have configured it.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
I guess I cant figure out where the log file is or how to access it...been messing with it for over an hour 😕
See the wiki page (debug log (wiki)) for details, but the simplest way is to install the log uploaded add-on from the built in official repo ("Kodi Logfile Uploader" in the program add-ons section) and use that. It will upload the log to our server and give you a URL link that you need to post here so we can find it.
(2018-10-27, 13:57)anderok Wrote: [ -> ]https://paste.kodi.tv/abiluhamud
Would suggest you upgrade to LibreELEC 8.2.5 as OpenELEC is no longer developed/maintained/supported and your version of Kodi (17.3) is not the current version (17.6).