Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot remove association of Kodi to .bin file in Windows
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I installed Kodi 17.6 from Microsoft Store in Windows 10, and the open with program of .bin file and many others are automatically changed to Kodi.

I tried to clean the registry but it's not working.

And I don't want to change the open with program, I just want to reset it(no program is associated). Is there a way that I can disable it inside Kodi's settings or outside in Windows?

Thank you.
(2018-10-27, 19:23)Zghebn Wrote: [ -> ]I installed Kodi 17.6 from Microsoft Store in Windows 10, and the open with program of .bin file and many others are automatically changed to Kodi.

I tried to clean the registry but it's not working.

And I don't want to change the open with program, I just want to reset it(no program is associated). Is there a way that I can disable it inside Kodi's settings or outside in Windows?

Thank you.
BUMP! Same here. 

just want to remove the file type from seeing these as "KODI" files in explorer.
In Windows Explorer, right click on a .bin file and select "Open with" from the menu. Then "Choose another app". Highlight the app you want to use by default for that file type, tick "Always use this app to open .bin files" and ok.

That will associate the chosen app with that file type by default.

Alternatively open the start menu and type "Default apps" and click on it. Scroll down until you see "choose fault apps by file type" in the right hand pane and select that. Go to .bin and make the change there.

If you want to unassociate it completely there are several methods - just search the web for "unassociate file type in windows" or something like that.

All this is outside Kodi though, indeed it's odd that the association is made at all.