Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 Beta 4 not show subtitle
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello, I just tested the beta 4 version of Kodi 18 on shiel tv and no more subtitles are displayed, those in file as the subtitles of the films. I had to exit the beta program and return to 17.6 for the subtitles to be displayed. Do you have a solution ?
I have tested on samsung tablet, the subtitles work perfectly
thank you
Subs are still there, you just don't see them. Go to Video settings/Video calibration and adjust subtitles position until you see white line (mine position was 1030), once you exit Video calibration subs will be there.
I have a similar problem but it might be a different issue. In my case, the subtitles for some videos are disabled by default. I have to enable it manually. I can not find any clue why the subtitles for some videos are disabled while for some others are enabled by default. Is there any rule?
thanks i try this.
it does not work, I put the beta 4 of kodi 18 and try video calibration but even putting original (1280x720) subtitles do not display, I tried to change the subtitle button on / off no effect . kodi seems to no longer want to display subtitles with nvidia shield tv.
(2018-10-30, 19:55)elricmel Wrote: [ -> ]it does not work, I put the beta 4 of kodi 18 and try video calibration but even putting original (1280x720) subtitles do not display, I tried to change the subtitle button on / off no effect . kodi seems to no longer want to display subtitles with nvidia shield tv.
Try to play video, then in video player go-to Setttings/Video settings/Video calibration...
first setting is for top left overscan
second setting is for bottom right overscan
third setting is Subtitles positioning - here you need to adjust position of subs (by default value 1350) , with up/down arrows, till you see horizontal line (value 1030 in my case).
When you restart Kodi, It will revert to default value (1350), so you will need to adjust it again.
Hope this helps.
ok i'm using controller for this. top left overscan change but not bottom right overscan.

I did not manage to go to the subtitle setting with the controlleur.

i try again. thanks
Hello, I managed to raise the subtitles, the bar was very low. on the other hand as soon as I leave kodi, it is reset.
thanks very much
I found a (non optimal) solution to the problem. I have to Shields, one for 2K TV and and for 4K TV. Both runs Kodi 18 Beta 5. They are identically configured but subtitles only show up on the 2K TV.

On the Shiled attached to 4K TV (the one not working), I first tried to vertically shift the video signal vertically as suggested above, but no subtitles showed up. I then changed the resolution of the HDMI output signal in the nVidia Shield Settings (Android TV Settings, not Kodi Settings) to 2K (1080p). Then I restarted Kodi and the subtitles showed up :-) - so the subtitle configuration was correct, no changes had to be done.

I guess there is a problem with the placement of subtitles when you use Android Kodi 18 Beta series (at least Beta 4&5) on the Shield when it is attached to a 4K Display/TV.

This fix is only a temporary workaround, since display of 4K content on the 4K display is no longer possible, 4K is reduced to 2K before being sent to the Display/TV.