Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Leia Beta crashes on every version in Android Oreo on mi box 3
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I once again re-open this issue which was not answered last time... I am really trying to use Leia Beta versions but it is impossible because of even the supposed stable beta versions crash.

Yes i know its beta and unstable but once it worked for me, but after android oreo update on the mi box 3 Leia crashes every time no matter what I am doing... and by this rhythm even when Leia is released it will still crash i suppose.

Is there a fix for this, is something wrong with my setup?

My log: https://paste.kodi.tv/sahicetexa
Did a clean new install of kodi 18 crash?
(2018-10-30, 17:17)DNKK Wrote: [ -> ]Did a clean new install of kodi 18 crash?
 Didn´t tried that with a beta. I will loose all my setup...
(2018-10-30, 23:43)Norin_Radd Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-10-30, 17:17)DNKK Wrote: [ -> ]Did a clean new install of kodi 18 crash?
 Didn´t tried that with a beta. I will loose all my setup...  
You can back up the data using the backup addon so you can get back your settings. My guess is the crashes are because of your setup only. I have been running the latest nightlies on nvidia shield oreo for months now with no problems
well iam going to try that, but i don´t think is because of that... i dont have strange addons or repos.

Oreo on nvidia is not the same as in the mi 3...

but thanks for the reply anyway
did a fresh install, without backup.

It crashes much less, but after an hour or so it crashes.

Don´t know if its the emby addon and the music library
Stop using the emby add-on for a while
well i reverted back to krypton my movie and music database is from emby... so i could not test it.
(2018-11-03, 23:42)Martijn Wrote: [ -> ]Stop using the emby add-on for a while
 well i tried Leia back again but this time with plex kodi connect... it crashes again and i don´t even have any addons except that one

have i the correct apk version of leia...? i have downloaded armv7 apk.
Still need help on this, kodi leia 18.3 still crashes.

i am not using plex anymore, no banned addons, nothing, just kodi repository addons and my subscriptions addons and nfs share from my qnap nas.
A Debug Log might show us what is happening.
(2019-07-25, 03:24)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]A Debug Log might show us what is happening.

Here it is http://paste.kodi.tv/wekovolufi

the error is not the pvr.

it shows another error about an android app.

thanks for the help.
I don't know too much about Android systems, but there is nothing unusual in the log.

You certainly load Kodi and browse around. There are errors from TVHeadEnd, maybe disable that and see if the crashing still occurs?

Debug mode was disabled near the end of the log, so I cannot see why Kodi stopped after it was disabled.
(2019-07-27, 00:29)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]I don't know too much about Android systems, but there is nothing unusual in the log.

You certainly load Kodi and browse around. There are errors from TVHeadEnd, maybe disable that and see if the crashing still occurs?

Debug mode was disabled near the end of the log, so I cannot see why Kodi stopped after it was disabled.

thanks for the help, as previously explained to me the log seems fine, to have further information i think that a log.cat from the android device not kodi app is needed as a friend told me. 

The thing is it crashes frequently, after some use the crashes don´t happen. For example this time it crashed during library scan.

I don´t think i should bother more with this, because since oreo on mibox is when the problems started, and no one seems to figure this out, and since i also don´t have skills for that i think for now i will stop asking for help on this, well at least it gets back on my nerves again.

But its my problem not kodis... i really think is oreo... on my box even channels werent showing... the change happened from oreo and one alpha version to another because previsouly everything was working fine.

update edit:

done a factory reset to mibox 3, installed no apps, just kodi, and for the moment seems stable, i could scan library, an action that previously crashed kodi, have to set it all up again and use it normally to see if it remains stable. 

For now, i think the problem is solved.