Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Can't Show the Custom ActivateWindow
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi at all,
i write here for a problem i'm facing now and i can't find any solution about it by searching around the forum:
I just created a custom-music.xml file inside my skin directory and added an <onclick>ActivateWindow(idofthewindow)</onclick> on a button.

The actual problem is that also if Kodi seems to find the window (checked the log) i can't see it at all.
I lose, obviously, focus because the controller seems in the new open active window but i can't see the window at all like if it's rendered behind everything instead of in front.

Any suggestion?
I tried to put inside the window, for now, a control image in order to understand and see if it's correctly rendered but no success.
Still can't see nothing except the music player (the window can be activated by a button on the music seekbar)
Quote:<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<window id="1234" type="dialog">
  <defaultcontrol>25</defaultcontrol>
  <coordinates>
    <left>200</left>
    <top>100</top>
  </coordinates>
  <zorder>2</zorder>
  <onunload>ClearProperty(Close,1234)</onunload>
  <control type="image">
                    <posx>200</posx>
                    <posy>100</posy>
                    <height>600</height>
                    <width>1210</width>
                    <texture border="4">brzm/background.png</texture>
                </control>
</window>

Thanks in advice for any kind of suggestion
Best Regards
Could be the ID is outside the correct range for custom windows 1100–1199.
(2018-11-03, 13:04)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Could be the ID is outside the correct range for custom windows 1100–1199.
 Thanks for your reply Hitcher!

I tried with a 1198 but same result. Lost focus like if the window is open but i don't have any visual/graphic feedback.
Still looks like if it's rendered at the bottom of all the other windows
I think there's something missing. Place your image control between
Code:
<controls>
</controls>
and try it again. 

See Window Structure
(2018-11-03, 13:42)JackTirol Wrote: [ -> ]I think there's something missing. Place your image control between
Code:
<controls>
</controls>
and try it again. 

See Window Structure
 Thank You Very Much JackTirol: i forget the <controls> and that solved the problem!
Thread marked solved.