Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Movie Set order and description
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
In the movie list, when I focus a movie, it shows the movie description under the cover (in WideList mode). So far, so good.
Unfortunately, when I focus a movie set, it displays the year and the names of the movies within the set - plus, a set description, located at the very same screen offset (so, on top of eachother). The description should be displayed under the movie list (or, not displayed at all for sets), not on top of eachother.

Plus, the movie set order (newest to oldest) is kinda "weird" in my opinion, I'd rather have the first released movie show first.

Can anyone tell me what changes I'd need to what XML files in order to change these two things?
(2018-11-04, 12:31)Leseratte10 Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately, when I focus a movie set, it displays the year and the names of the movies within the set - plus, a set description, located at the very same screen offset (so, on top of eachother). The description should be displayed under the movie list (or, not displayed at all for sets), not on top of eachother.
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2727524
and
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid...pid2702767
I don't know how I missed these threads. That pull request has been merged some time ago so I just need to update to libreElec 18 and the bug should be gone?

I'll try adding that fix to my Kodi 17 installation and see if that works as well, thanks.
Do you also happen to know where I could reverse the order for the movies in a movie set (so it lists oldest to newest, like in the actual movie list?), and possibly displays set description and movies in a set?

EDIT: The order for that display seems to be near the bugfix for the plot. I'll try playing around with the skin files a bit to see if I can get it to display how I'd like it.
(2018-11-05, 06:10)Leseratte10 Wrote: [ -> ]Do you also happen to know where I could reverse the order for the movies in a movie set (so it lists oldest to newest,
No, not off the top of my head. Maybe @the_other_guy might know. He might respond if he knows the answer.
home.xml
tested on kodi 18
<include content="WidgetListPoster" condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">
       <param name="content_path" value="videodb://movies/sets/"/>
       <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[31075]"/>
       <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
       <param name="sortby" value="random"/>
       <param name="list_id" value="5600"/>
      </include>
     </control>

<!---WidgetListPoster --> <include content="WidgetListPoster" condition="Library.HasContent(movies)">
       <param name="content_path" value="videodb://movies/sets/"/>
       <param name="widget_header" value="$LOCALIZE[31075]"/>
       <param name="widget_target" value="videos"/>
       <param name="sortby" value="ascending"/>
       <param name="list_id" value="5600"/>
      </include>
     </control>