Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: "jump back" function gets stuck
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys,

I'm using last version of Kodi Kripton on an Amazon Fire Stick via Wi-Fi. Everything works fine but, since a few updates I've issues with the jump back function. Usually I can press it once and it's ok, but if I do it more (like going back about 30 seconds or a minute) the buffering indicator starts from zero and, when it reach 100 the video is like frozen. Nothing is really frozen, just the video. From that point I can't start it anymore, or jump to another point. I've to exit to the main list page and start it again.

This is independent from the file format or its size, it does it with every video (maybe sometimes I'm able to press it more than once but at a certain point it gets stuck as well). I'm sure that one or two previous versions of Kodi 17 didn't have this problem.

Any suggestion? Thanks.
(2018-11-04, 18:41)Lock Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using last version of Kodi Kripton
FYI: "Last version" is normally not a version number, although we now can guess what it is for Krypton. Sadly, Krypton is also 'EOL', and gets no further updates.
Try a clean profile/setup to see if default workings are okay. If so, background processes in your current setup are possibly interfering with the jump back functionality.

Alternatively, try a Kodi 18 beta build.
A debug log (wiki) with the problem video is also welcome.
With "last" I mean Krypton 17.6.
UPDATE: I just installed a fresh version of Kodi 17.6, linked a movie directory and I can confirm the bug is still present.

I'm 100% sure this didn't happen about (circa) at least 2-3 updates ago.

Here's a screeenshot of the issue:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/yo9olsfv1alkz3...p.JPG?dl=0
I can confirm that Kodi 18 beta 5 doesn't have this bug, but on my Amazon Stick is a crashfeast, so I cannot use it. Sad

No hopes for a fix in 17.6?
Update:

I was following the instructions to generate a log file and I wasn't able to reproduce the issue. To try Kodi beta I've of course installed it over the old Kodi. I then removed the beta and installed again 17.6 (of course restoring the old 17.6 library).
Maybe this apparently "resetted" some Kodi file, or something like that.

I'll do some more text in the next days and will report back here. Smile
I confirm that the bug is still there. Sad
Indeed no chance for v17
Sad