Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Best way to get a NUC PC running Kodi, Shairport-Sync and Spotify Connect?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

There are some excellent guides out there that I used to get some Raspberry Pis running Raspbian Stretch Lite, booting into Kodi, and having Shaorport-sync and a Spotify Connect service running from boot too.

That meets all my media needs.

I'd like to do this on my NUC and I'd presumed that using Debian Stretch would mean I could almost follow the same guides and achieve the same result.

But this hasn't been the case as I can't get Kodi to run from boot on Debian Stretch.

I wondered if anyone had any guides or advice they could give me?
If I was you I would use Ubuntu > Debian for this. Reason being the ppa packages are supported by the forum here, Debian's repo packages are not.

Personally I autostart Kodi with lightdm & openbox. This gives me a supported configuration. They say they don't support standalone, why it's even an option blows my mind... is what it is.

Create dedicated user for Kodi, set lightdm to autologin that user to openbox, autostart Kodi from openbox autostart file, profit.