Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: TV shows don't show up or are messed up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys,

I've been trying to get my TV shows library to properly show up at KODI, without success.

My library is inside an external hard drive connected to Odroid C2 running CoreELEC, and it's very organized.

However, when I point KODI to my TV Shows folder, which is of course set as tv shows source, either it scans it and returns everything under one single show (some Leonardo Da Vinci I've never watched or downloaded) or, when I tell it to use only local data, it turns up only the cover images of the shows without any episodes inside.

It's driving me crazy!

I've tried cleaning my library a billion times. It doesn't work...I've tried changing scrapers....It doesn't work....I've tried telling it to prioritize local data....It doesn't work.

Also, I've got a Concerts tab that, no matter how many times tell it where the concerts folder is, it never "remembers" it...Meaning it always asks me to point where the concerts folder is.

Is this a beta problem or what? I've been using CoreELEC, which always runs the latest KODI, mostly because of Netflix....So I'm aware it might be a beta problem...But I also know that things are never simple with KODI.

If it's not a beta problem, how can I fix it?

I would really appreciate some help, really.

Thanks in advance,

Morguito.
We provide no support here for CoreELEC. You should direct your question to the CoreELEC forum. But I will give you a pointer that may help...

(2018-11-08, 20:37)Morguito Wrote: [ -> ]and returns everything under one single show
Sounds like you are using bad nfo files. Check your tvshow.nfo files have an <id> entry. IF they dont, delete the nfo files (and the manager you are using to create them) and just scrape with the Kodi scrapers. You may have to drop your database and rebuild the library.
(2018-11-08, 20:43)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]We provide no support here for CoreELEC. You should direct your question to the CoreELEC forum. But I will give you a pointer that may help...
(2018-11-08, 20:37)Morguito Wrote: [ -> ]and returns everything under one single show
Sounds like you are using bad nfo files. Check your tvshow.nfo files have an <id> entry. IF they dont, delete the nfo files (and the manager you are using to create them) and just scrape with the Kodi scrapers. You may have to drop your database and rebuild the library. 
 Yes, I'd like to clean up my data base and start from scratch! How do I do that? Thanks!
Which platform are you using? Windows or other?
(2018-11-08, 20:48)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Which platform are you using? Windows or other?
 I'm running KODI on Odroid C2, but yes, I can access it via Windows Explorer.
Oops, silly question. You already said CoreElec. Best to ask them on their forum but I would suggest start fresh by dropping the complete Userdata (wiki) folder and it should be rebuilt to fresh install status on next start.
(2018-11-08, 20:54)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Oops, silly question. You already said CoreElec. Best to ask them on their forum but I would suggest start fresh by dropping the complete Userdata (wiki) folder and it should be rebuilt to fresh install status on next start.
 It didn't work...Except for deleting all my addons and settings...

Now, no matter how many times I add my "Tv Shows" folder as a source for Tv Shows, they don't show up at the TV Shows tab....The same goes for my Music Videos tab...

The only tabs that are working with no issues are the Video and Music tab...

It sucks... Sad
(2018-11-08, 21:36)Morguito Wrote: [ -> ]It sucks... Sad
Why not tell the people over at CoreELEC that things are not working out for you? It's their product.
(2018-11-08, 21:47)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-11-08, 21:36)Morguito Wrote: [ -> ]It sucks... Sad
Why not tell the people over at CoreELEC that things are not working out for you? It's their product. 
 Already did it...However, this is most likely a KODI issue...Probably a beta issue. I'm going to install the latest stable release and see if it helps.
Nah, it is not a Kodi issue. You are the only one with the reported problem. The problem is local to your setup, with your nfo files and probably folder structure and file naming.

Make sure you submit a Debug Log which captures an Update Library at the CoreElec forum. Also detail your folder structure and file naming.

Links in My Signature below may be of use to you.
(2018-11-08, 22:07)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]Nah, it is not a Kodi issue. You are the only one with the reported problem. The problem is local to your setup, with your nfo files and probably folder structure and file naming.

Make sure you submit a Debug Log which captures an Update Library at the CoreElec forum. Also detail your folder structure and file naming.

Links in My Signature below may be of use to you.
 Hey Karellen,

So, I just installed LibreElec with the latest stable Kodi version.

The problem persists, though, but in a different way: Now I can see the cover images of my TV Shows, but they show zero episodes. Even when I click a show's image or name, it turns out blank.

My folder structure is, for example:

TV Shows > A Discovery of Witches > Folder containing tvshow.nfo, art and season (Season 01) folder> Season 01> episodes named as "A Discovery of Witches - S01E01 - Episode 1"

Is there something wrong with my folder structure?

Thanks!
Speculation is totally pointless, provide a debug and will tell all that is going on.
(2018-11-08, 23:21)jjd-uk Wrote: [ -> ]Speculation is totally pointless, provide a debug and will tell all that is going on.
 Ok. You're right.

Here's the debug log:

https://paste.kodi.tv/hehunaxozo

Thanks!
TV show's issue starts at line 264, by the way.

PS: Is there a way to edit my posts here?
You didn't enable Debug mode in Settings>System Settings>Logging so there is nothing of value in that log.

Your log needs to be posted at CoreElec. Just saw you swapped to LibreElec

(2018-11-08, 23:43)Morguito Wrote: [ -> ]PS: Is there a way to edit my posts here?
Not yet. You are still a junior member, so a few more posts and a bit more time will open up the remainder of the forum functions.
Pages: 1 2