Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: What controls subtitles?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Would anyone know if the subtitle position on the screen when playing a video is controlled by Kodi 18 or by the add-on which provides the video?  Thank you.
Which add-on would that be? Normally Kodi is the video player, so Kodi will control the subtitle(s).
thank you Klojum.  Probably just a misunderstanding/incorrect question on my part.  Crackle is the addo-on.  Guess I just mean when playing a video on Kodi.  So from what you stated it appears that Kodi controls the position.  I'm trying to find the code that controls the subtitle position so I can move subtitles higher.  I have another older thread where I mention the subtitles are displayed at the bottom of the video even though I have the Video calibration/Subtitle position set to display the subtitles higher on the screen but I think tha thread died. 

Most videos display the subtitles at the bottom, but occasionally a subtitle will play where I actually have Video calibration/subtitle position set.
Sorry Klojum.  It's working fine now.  I completely uninstalled Kodi from the Shield and reinstalled/setup todays nightly build.  Subtitles are working great.