Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: How to Set Some Skin Settings on first startup?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi at all,
i Was wondering if there's a way to set some skin settings already on the first startup of the skin (and after that read the saved values of the user).
I tried recently to do a skin reset and sadly all the new settings added by me will all set theirself on ON.
I wish to avoid that and possibily turn everything OFF on the first startup

Thank you in advance for any suggestion/answer
(2018-11-09, 12:45)3xistence Wrote: [ -> ]I wish to avoid that and possibily turn everything OFF on the first startup
If you do that, you may end up with a totally unusable skin.
If a reset sets things to "on" in the first place, I think you can imagine what happens when all items are set to "off".

Which item(s) do you want OFF in the first place, and which skin(s) are you referring to?
Thank you for your answer!

I'm using Xperience1080 and i'm adding by myself a lot of new settings in the skin settings menu by radio buttons.
Now i don't understand if i did it in a wrong way but resetting the skin will turn on (true) all the new setting added by me.

This is what i don't understand, if the value will be set (true/false) by the onclick i can't figure out why with a reset all those new settings will be turned (true) instantly
(2018-11-09, 17:04)Hitcher Wrote: [ -> ]Use the selected tags -

https://kodi.wiki/view/Radio_button_control
 Thank You for your reply Hitcher,
You mean to set a condition directly on the <selected>?
For now i just assigned to set it false if selected and onclick set it true
Quote:                    <control type="radiobutton" id="1021">
                        <width>1210</width>
                        <include>SettingsCategoryRadioButtonVars</include>
                        <selected>!Skin.HasSetting(Home1Autoscroll)</selected>
                        <onclick>Skin.ToggleSetting(Home1Autoscroll)</onclick>
                        <label>Disable AutoScroll</label>
                    </control>