Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: OpenElec dead? Time to move on to???
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So my OpenElec install generally has been OK, but I run into the occasional bug here and there. I went to add a new hard drive to my setup, and to my surprise it seems that OpenElec seems like it's abandoned, or at least the focus is moved to other platforms.

My question is what is the next logical progression? One really nice thing that OpenElec offered, with a lsellens addon, to run the SABSuite/audo of SABnzbd, SickRage, and CoutchPotato as a single install and not have to worry about individual configurations as I have had to work in the past. Of course, if I have to go back to manual, so be it.

Equipment is a bit older, but still churning along, a 5 year old build off a Zotac board. Any new solution would still have to run well on older hardware if possible.
It's dead because many of the people who were involved forked the project to produce LibreElec. You can migrate from OpenELEC to LibreElec see https://libreelec.wiki/how_to/update_lib..._libreelec
Definitely dead and abandoned. Their forum is spammed by bots. Nobody maintain it anymore.