Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: XBOX ONE X New Kodi 18.0 rc1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys, how do we upgrade Kodi to a newer version on the One X. Just received the message today. Thanks
It’s staying in beta until they iron out a few isssues for Xbox one

It’s all in the news section of the website
So it will auto update when they figure out something.
Thread moved to UWP section
(2018-11-23, 05:43)tjay260476 Wrote: [ -> ]It’s staying in beta until they iron out a few isssues for Xbox one

It’s all in the news section of the website
What are the issues keeping it in beta for UWP? The news post isn't very detailed on it. Thanks.
(2018-11-23, 19:13)stacka Wrote: [ -> ]What are the issues keeping it in beta for UWP? The news post isn't very detailed on it. Thanks. 

Maybe the biggest one is a lot of people have been experiencing an issue where there's no text displayed. Kodi loads and works fine, you can see all the icons and other skin elements, just no text of any kind. According to what I've seen said here, they think they've isolated the issue, but need their UWP expert to stop having a life so he can fix it. No idea what exactly is keeping the dev busy, and it's none of my business, but it means we don't really have any clue when it might be fixed.
Does anyone else find it EXTREMELY slow in the menus compared to on my PC running linux which is instant?