Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: fire cube/kodi help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello all, i am very new to this. in fact i just received my new amazon fire cube, went ahead and sideloaded it with basics but i am having problems with Kodi. simple issues i am sure, but basically i am having problem after i download from the repository then go to open the add on, i am trying to get video add ons to watch local tv in other cities.  so far i have tried live stream and locast  with no success.  each time when i go to open them the just come up with words i can not click  ( i am sorry i do have the lingo down yet). i am simply looking for a straight forward answer or help to allow my to utilize Kodi.  Also i have tried to download a few files in file manager, but once i type in URL and save it, then go to zip file to upload the file, i can see it but it contains nothing,  what an i doing wrong? i am running kodi 17.6   any help would be greatly appreciated, once agian i am new to this and just want simple instructions.
To receive meaningful assistance you will need to provide a full debug log.

The instructions are here... debug log (wiki)

If you are using the Basic Method, then ensure the following is applied...
1.Enable debugging in Settings>System Settings>Logging,
2.Restart Kodi
3.Replicate the problem.
4.Upload the log to Kodi Paste Site manually or use the Kodi Logfile Uploader. (wiki) With either method post the link to the log back here.

If you are using the Advanced Method ensure you have correctly created and applied the advancedsettings.xml file (wiki)

In both instances, you should see the word DEBUG throughout the log.

Note: Full logs only. No partial or redacted logs
Do NOT post your logs directly into the forum. Use the Kodi Paste Site. Post the link to your pasted log in the forum
The log above will be a good place to start, but can you supply more information?

Which repository and add-ons are you talking about? Built-in repo or some 3rd party one? What are you meaning by "the basics" that you sideloaded?

What are the "words coming up that you can't click"?