Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: v18 Leia RC1 x86 or x64 hangs at startup - Windows7 x64+Nvidia ION
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed Leia RC1 and now it won't start. The screen goes black (fullscreen) and then I can only recover by Ctrl-Alt-Del to Task Manager, whereby I am able to see in the background the Windows dialog ''Kodi is not responding''

I noticed that the RC1 installer did not install the InputStream plug-ins (or at least the option to not install wasn't there).

Windows 7 x64, Atom + Nvidia ION. Went back to Beta 4 because Beta 5 had an issue that I was waiting for RC1 to solve or to report.
Installed a portable version, created an advancedsettings.xml to invoke logging:
kodi.log
stack trace: 
Quote:Thread 5424 (process 5576)
# 0 RaiseException
# 1 process_jpeg
# 2 cp_run_plugins_step
# 3 process_jpeg
# 4 process_jpeg
# 5
# 6
# 7
# 8 cp_run_plugins_step
# 9 BaseThreadInitThunk
#10 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
#11 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
There's also a binary crashlog.dmp file. Should I upload it somewhere?

Edit to add 18.0 RC1 x64 portable kodi.log. stack trace is different:
''Thread 6000 (process 596)
# 0''

Third edit: updated Nvidia driver to the latest WHQL (342.01), nothing changed. All builds up to and including Beta 5 were working. Did you remove debug code or code paths in the RC?
Opened GitHub issue #14937
Please identify which exact version from https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows/win64/master/ causes your issue.

KodiSetup-20181103-4dda45ca is Beta 5 and KodiSetup-20181120-bacbbc3a is RC1. You only have to test the versions between those.
All the binary addons are in the Kodi repository now (it does mention this when you have installed Kodi)
https://kodi.tv/article/kodi-v18-binary-...repository
(2018-11-25, 15:19)Rechi Wrote: [ -> ]Please identify which exact version from https://mirrors.kodi.tv/nightlies/windows/win64/master/ causes your issue.

KodiSetup-20181103-4dda45ca is Beta 5 and KodiSetup-20181120-bacbbc3a is RC1. You only have to test the versions between those.
 The first build that exhibits the issue is KodiSetup-20181117-f01060fc-master-x64.exe. kodi.log is exactly the same. I updated the Github thread as well.
I'm experiencing the same issue (screen goes black and then I can only recover by Ctrl-Alt-Del to Task Manager, whereby I am able to see in the background the Windows dialog ''Kodi is not responding'') with Windows 10 x64 and a GTX 980. Going back to KodiSetup-20181124-4ab27b67-master-x64 resolved the issue. I tried portable install and afedchin's suggestion to install Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable for Visual Studio 2017. Neither worked to resolve issue.

I'll reinstall the latest nightly over the holiday and post a log if the problem isn't fixed before then.
It seems this issue is being split between two threads, and this issue is no longer limited to Nvidia ION systems.

I propose closing this thread and continuing any further discussion on the more general thread, which seems to be monitored more closely by Team Kodi.
(2018-12-21, 01:20)derekjason Wrote: [ -> ]I'm experiencing the same issue

Looks like not the same. A crash at start and a black screen aren't the same, isn't?
Forgive me for chiming in. I'm sure you will eventually discover the issue on your own and identify a fix. Thanks for the free software, anyway.