Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Cannot point 'source path' to NAS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

After an unscheduled clean install of Win 10, I alson had to re-install EMM (version 1.4.7.2). However, I cannot config the 'movie sources' anymore. Whatever I try as 'source path', the OK button remains greyed out.

My movies are on a Synology NAS. My RPi-LibreElec media player can still play the movies via Kodi.

I did NOT map the NAS shares in Windows, but I also didn't on my previous install. Mapping would be a last resort, because I believe it makes the files on my NAS more vulnerable to malware.

Any ideas?

Martijn
Do you tried to start Ember as admin?
(2018-11-25, 21:38)DanCooper Wrote: [ -> ]Do you tried to start Ember as admin?
Yes, that makes no difference at all.

For the time being, I mapped my shares (L:\, M:\ etc.), but that is not a perfect solution. A nice FTP path would be perfect.

Martijn
Works fine here

Try this version https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316733 see if it helps
(2018-11-26, 21:25)komplex Wrote: [ -> ]Works fine here

Try this version https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=316733 see if it helps

@Komplex:
- Can you enter the ftp address directly? Or did you have to 'browse' in any way? What about passwords?
- Can I install an alpha build next to a older/stable version?

Cheers, Martijn
(2018-11-27, 13:11)MRammeloo Wrote: [ -> ]Can you enter the ftp address directly?

FTP does not work, only SMB/Samba. You've to share your directories on NAS via SMB.
This appears to be solved... Somehow, in Win explores, I created a link to the NAS ip via FTP. In EMM, I cannot see this link when I try to add a new source. However, when I enter \\192.168.x.x and THEN the button with the 3 dots, it shows the FTP server with all folders just fine. I still think this is weird behaviour, but at least I can move forward from here.

Still: can I install an alpha version next to an older/stable version?

Martijn

(2018-11-27, 17:34)MRammeloo Wrote: [ -> ]\\192.168.x.x

\\IP is not FTP, it's SMB...

(2018-11-27, 17:34)MRammeloo Wrote: [ -> ]Still: can I install an alpha version next to an older/stable version?
Yes, as always, it's the preferred way to update. Settings and DB will NOT be overwritten. But you should always re-check all settings, sometimes I've to change, remove or add new settings.
Check, thanks. 

Martijn