Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Possible bug found with Subtitles when play next video automatically selected.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I found a post from a while back in the windows section that is the exact problem I'm having. I promised a debug log and to post in the Linux forum to see if anyone had any ideas over here. I've been able to reproduce this error on 3 different machines one on Ubuntu 16 and the other two on Ubuntu 18. All with the default Kodi skin and currently Aeon Nox Silvo all with V18 B3-5 and now V18 RC.1 and the behavior is the same. Also I have <filename> - S11E01.en.srt subtitle files placed in the folder next to the file.  

Basically when "Play next video automatically" is enabled with Episodes and/or TV shows, Subtitles don't work as required. Using the keyboard shortcut "T" no notification at the top and no subtitles displayed. Going through the OSD subtitle selection no help, Choosing to "Browse for subtitles..." gives me this screen

The path at the top looks odd/not correct to where my videos are mapped to and no file extensions are shown.

Deselecting "Play next video automatically" everything works as advertised. The browse for subtitle screen looks normal

Here is my Debug Log.
I started Kodi with play next enabled went to video file tried pressing "T" then through the OSD and at some point during that the file froze I then backed out deselected play next and then went back in and used the keyboard shortcut and the OSD and it worked fine.

I'm sure I left something out, please let me know any other information you'd like,

Thanks in advance,
Scott-
Anyone have any ideas about this?

I'm more than happy to try and troubleshoot the problem myself but I don't have the slightest clue as to what would be common between the two settings. 

If anyone has any suggestions as to what I could look at I'd gladly pop the hood!

Thanks in advance,
Scott-