Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Multiple Backend Proper Channel Numbers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is there any way to use the proper channel numbers from the backends when multiple are configured?  I see the option to use the channel numbers from the backend is removed when multiple backends are enabled but in my case it would be very useful.
I use ATSC which I'd like to have proper numbers for and I modify the channel numbers for my second backend to start at 100 so there's no conflict.
Sorry that this causes trouble, but it is like it is because most people have no real clue and I was sick reading silly "bug reports". As Kodi cannot guarantee that it will work it is disabled if multiple backends are configured.
Appreciate the response.

Any chance it could be added back as a hidden option (advanced settings xml)?
(2018-11-26, 16:11)vidCanuck Wrote: [ -> ]Appreciate the response.

Any chance it could be added back as a hidden option (advanced settings xml)?

Sorry, won't happen.
Fair enough.

FYI,
There's currently a numbering bug.  I have my second source setup to start "tvg-chno" at 100.  If I clear the TV data it will setup starting at 100 per the chno.  Then once I reboot Kodi these numbers all change to start where the ATSC tuner ends (channel 32).

I was thinking of creating a program to edit TV32.db map_channelgroups_channels (to set my own channel numbers).  But I'm guessing this gets overwritten quite frequently?