Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: New with v18 - Live TV starts with no video
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Anyone else seeing this new on v18? Tuning in a TV channel starts audio but no video, and the Music OSD comes up instead of the video OSD. After a couple of attempts it comes good.  Leaving the EPG up for a few minutes (in case it's EPG refresh traffic) doesn't help, but switching channels a couple of times usually clears it.

Using the same TVH client addon as for Krypton (which works fine), Kodi on Windows connecting to LibreELEC on RPi.
yes i get that too, i constantly have to retune the channel.
TVH client addon 4.4.2 (the latest for Leia). There is no noise about losing video on the TVH forums, so I assume it's Kodi or the client addon...
I raised issue #14969 in the xbmc issues. Apparently it is a TVH problem re timing of packets, but it never happened on Krypton.
Seems to have resolved itself with Leia RC3 (so far so good)
Never had this issue for my case. :/
I get this exact issue as well and still have it with 18.3 (final). I will try and gather a debug log this evening which should hopefully highlight the issue.
(2019-07-15, 13:49)allanp81 Wrote: [ -> ]I get this exact issue as well and still have it with 18.3 (final). I will try and gather a debug log this evening which should hopefully highlight the issue.

I haven't managed to get logs for this yet as I believe the issue that I have is when a channel is broadcasting in AAC. In the UK BBC and C4 HD channels sometimes broadcast live sports events in AAC 5.1 rather than stereo that they do for some broadcasts. It seems that kodi for some reason thinks this is just music/audio and doesn't load the video as well.

Playing back recordings like this doesn't seem to be an issue, but then from what I've read Kodi plays back a recording differently to how initiates watching a TV channel.