Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Getting a crash when skin ver of addon extendedinfo dialog window closes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been integrating the extendedinfo script into my skin.  The addon uses 3 dialog xml files to show its gui controls.  When I run the addon using its own skin windows from its /skins/Default/1080i it exits OK, but with the windows converted into my skin when I give the "back" action in the window it looks like extendedinfo gets it and exits then when Kodi closes the window it crashes.  My theory is maybe the controls are being held somewhere (Kodi? addon?) and not being released properly and that causes a problem when the window is closed.  Any ideas on how to dig deeper into this?

scott s.
I have the same problem with integrating it inside my skin: works flawlessly until i give it the back command to return to the home screen, then kodi crashes.
Not crash related (not at home for test), but does the play button works on your ends?

To me, it doesnt.
I have the same problem in my skin when using Dialog.Close(all) but if you press the back button it's fine.
I did make a local code change in the dependency script.module.kodi65 busy_handler because Leia requires a different way to open the busy dialog.  I think now I have that working but don't really think that contributes to the crash.  I don't know how to PR it, as the upstream repo on github is many commits past what is currently in the Kodi Leia repo (the upstream repo is modified for Python 3 in master and there's no Leia branch to compare against).

If anyone has interest in the changes, I did fork the upstream repo to scott967 github and created a new Leia branch that has a commit for the busy_handler change, as well as commit for the "*t9.xml" dialog to implement "Integer.IsGreater" bool.

scott s.
Quote:scott976 doesn’t have any public repositories yet.
Doh, thanks.