Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Is it a Kodi problem?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, my new Belkin HDMI cable arrived yesterday and I used it extensively. I'd like to make a feedback.
This cable solved some problems but maybe it didn't solve all my problems ... but I don't know it.
When I click on Kodi icon, it opens more quickly. It is good. The version is: kodi-18.0-Leia_beta5-arm64-v8a
Then when I watch my 4K video (made by myself with a 4K camera) I see an overexposed video with languid colors. It happens many times (around 70 times on 100 times). Colors aren't originals.
Then I turn off Kodi and I open it again, then I see good colours, they are the original colours.
If I open Kodi 100 times I get that problem for around 70 times.
Sometimes when I open Shield from TV page I see a black screen without signal. I need to come back to TV channel/programs and then when I open Shield again everything is OK.
I got this problem only 2 times.
Now .... I can send back my Shield and to replace it with another one. I have no problems to do it. But I think my real problem is Kodi and not Shield.
What is yout opinion?

EDIT: My videos are 4K 8 bit BT709 50hz (Pal system)