Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: only stereo sound
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
thanks for hosting me, I ask for help, I downloaded kodi 17.5 from the aptoide and installed on the xgimi z6polar projector connected to hdmi to my amplifier, I can only hear in stereo and not in Dolby Digital, can you help me? thank you I can not find the answer on your forum
Have you enabled Audio Passthrough?

https://kodi.wiki/view/Settings/System/A...assthrough
yes, both on kodi and amplifier
Looking for the model of your projector in google I see that brings Android 6.0, so maybe it's not enough for the passthrough to work.

You should check what api version you have on your device (System-> Info summary) and take a look at:

Passthrough Changes with v17
289735 (thread)

For example my device did not work passthrough with Android 6.0 and I had to update it to 7 to get it to work for me.

There are also some special shitty versions to fix some problems like this, but I have no idea about them.
you are very kind., tonight I try to check sync playbach to display if it is disabled, update android on xgimi is not easy !! could i solve with a hdmi splitter? ultimately I buy a himedia q10 pro 4k?
(2018-11-30, 13:19)Puzzomio Wrote: [ -> ]you are very kind., tonight I try to check sync playbach to display if it is disabled, update android on xgimi is not easy !! could i solve with a hdmi splitter? ultimately I buy a himedia q10 pro 4k?

You could try with spmc or with kodi jarvis 16.x, maybe one of them works well
Good luck.
I have come to the conclusion that although on the display of my amplifier there is the Stereo release, the sound on the speakers is in dolby digital
(2018-12-03, 14:44)Puzzomio Wrote: [ -> ]I have come to the conclusion that although on the display of my amplifier there is the Stereo release, the sound on the speakers is in dolby digital
 You can easily verify if the passthrough is running by simply pressing the 'o' key during kodi playback and look at Audio Process Information in channels there must be 6 (for 5.1) and it must be RAW. Similar to this image:

Good luck with that.
Thanks for the answer tonight I'll try, I take this opportunity for another question, watching streaming movies is not possible to make fast video progress?