Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Lost option to "Import all videos"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
iMac 27" mid-2010 OSX 10.13.6 with 2.93 GHz i7 and 16MB RAM
Kodi nightly 18.0-RC1 Git:20181114-6f8f706bc2

Without making a version or OS change, I lost the ability to "Import all videos." This is a settings option in some forks of Kodi, and I know I had it on this machine previously. Right before resetting my library for a different issue, I browsed through my movies, noting that multiple un-scraped files were present. These files do not have .nfo files in their directories; they just showed up in the Movie library without any information as I expected them to. After I removed the library and re-scanned it, these un-scraped movies no longer display. I've gone through every page of expert settings and can't find the "Import all videos" option.

Is it possible it existed on an earlier nightly which allowed the videos to be displayed, but now it's been removed and that's why the files aren't visible after the new library scan?
(2018-12-03, 15:48)doomedtx Wrote: [ -> ]can't find the "Import all videos" option.
There is no such option. Videos appear in the library by either scanning NFO Files, or scraping from online sources. For either of these to occur, video files need to be named and saved correctly.

See the Create Video Library in My Signature below for more info.

Also, if you are using a fork of Kodi, then you need to ask at the help forum of that fork. Which one are you using?
I'm not using a fork here. I'm using the Kodi nightly 18.0-RC1 Git:20181114-6f8f706bc2 mentioned in my post. I know MrMC has it, because I have another box running it and verified that option exists today.

I know it sounds like I'm making stuff up, but I am certain somewhere in the last 6 months or so of nightlies the option to show all videos popped up in OS X. All of my unscraped movies were visible in my library before I removed the source and re-added it to fix a separate problem. The setting isn't available in the current version, but somehow those videos got in my library in the recent past. I looked through and verified none of them had NFO files, so there must have been a temporary change that allowed those un-scraped videos to be imported.

To be clear, I'm not talking about improperly-named files or some other form of the standard "why doesn't this movie show up" question. I'm talking about one-off videos that I don't ever expect to see in a movie database, such as the "learn to draw" DVD that came with a pencil set. I had been previously playing it from files whenever I needed to, but was pleasantly surprised when I (briefly) gained the option to add those un-scraped files to the Library. I'll just go back to playing them from the files menu.
We never had that option.