Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: what is the best device to receive good quality channels?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear All,

can any one advise me for the best android device for receiving good quality channels through the internet, I don't care about games or other applications. I just want to receive channels, especially news and documentary channels. 

thanks,
roku devices have lots of channels and are easy to use.
Kodi is a software, if you are here i am assuming you want to know what devices running kodi can give you the best options..

The answer to that is kodi is a software so if it runs properly on any given device that supports it, should be fine.. you just have to figure out which addons to use..

So in a way you are not looking for just the right device but also the addons.
If money is not a concern. Nvidia Shield is a good device.
The key point is not to expect to receive them for free, especially premium content like many documentaries Wink
Money is a big concern for me guys Smile what's wrong with cheap devices anyway?
(2018-12-04, 21:55)abdu5 Wrote: [ -> ]Money is a big concern for me guys Smile what's wrong with cheap devices anyway?
Nothing if you want to play local content from USB storage - and are happy with the limitations.   If you have good local catch-up TV services that are subscription-free and there is a decent Kodi Add-on to watch these services - you may find a good solution in the Raspberry Pi / AMLogic S905 area (particularly if you don't need 4K or HDR)

If you want the high quality Netflix, Amazon etc. DRM-ed content that you pay for - then you usually pay more for your device as Netflix and Amazon only authorise a relatively small number of high quality player solutions.

If you are trying to get paid-for content without paying for it? You won't find much advice round here.
It's not that I don't want to pay for paid content, I'm just new to this, and I don't know what free channels can be watched on these devices. 
I found this android-based device, I think I will have it: "Mi Box S" it costs only about 60$,