Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Sony x900E with 8.0 Oreo and Kodi 17.6 - Path Not Found
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi All!!

Been using Kodi as my REMUX video player from direct connect external HD to Sony x900E (Android TV) for a year.
Few days ago the TV updated itself to new Android 8.0 and since then when I click on my Kodi 17.6 (I uninstall and reinstall it) multiple times, it always give me the error "Remote Share - Path not found" 
Yet I can see the HD in my storage in Kodi property.
I am pretty sure this has something to do with the 8.0 Update I am wondering if anyone can please help me

Thank You!
Double-check if the full path to your external HD from the TV's OS is the same or different after the 8.0 update.
I'm guessing something has changed if Kodi can still see the external HD.
(2018-12-05, 21:21)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]Double-check if the full path to your external HD from the TV's OS is the same or different after the 8.0 update.
I'm guessing something has changed if Kodi can still see the external HD.
 Ugh I am sorry but how do I double check?
Yes if I goes into the setting part of Kodi I can see the external HD have 10GB left but everytime when I click on it it will have the Remote Share - Path Not Found error.

and Thanks!
In Kodi's video SQLite database, all video filenames are stored with their full (network) file path.
You would have to compare the stored file path to the current path of your external drive.
If there has been a change, it would explain a lot.

Did you already install a File Manager in the TV's Android OS? If not, try installing X-Plore File Manager. It's a useful and non-bloated tool without any ads. You should be able to find your external harddrive as well, and the path it uses in Android.
(2018-12-05, 23:32)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]In Kodi's video SQLite database, all video filenames are stored with their full (network) file path.
You would have to compare the stored file path to the current path of your external drive.

Did you already install a File Manager in the TV's Android OS? If not, try installing X-Plore File Manager. It's a useful and non-bloated tool without any ads. You should be able to find your external harddrive as well, and the path it uses in Android.
much appreciated, I will give this a try. and No i have yet to install file manager in the TV
I look at the path on Xplore and then compare it to Kodi external HD path and they are the same.
Hmm looks like I will either have to wait for Sony patch or Kodi release 18.x for android TV
ahh found a post from July and here's the Team member reply

ON TOPIC:
If your external hardddisk has no disklabel, it's quite possible that Android constructs its own disk names. If Kodi was using an old diskname, and Oreo now uses a new/different diskname, it is quite possible that Kodi is totallly confused. You will likely have to rescrape your entire media collection in a new Kodi video/music database.
(2018-12-05, 23:32)Klojum Wrote: [ -> ]In Kodi's video SQLite database, all video filenames are stored with their full (network) file path.

Hi Klojum, by following your instruction I was able to find the HD path for TV OS, it was something like /storage/FCeedxcxd3432423 whole bunch of numbers.
I tried manually enter the path in Kodi, but it gave the exact same error Remote Share Path Not Found.
I have the exact same problem after Android update for Sony TV. Did you fixed it? Thanks!!!
(2019-02-08, 04:09)polux400 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the exact same problem after Android update for Sony TV. Did you fixed it? Thanks!!!

Finally after updating to kodi 18.0. everything is back to normal!