Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Scraping/adding new content not possible
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi !

After my previous Mac Mini out of order due to a hardware defect i set up a new system.
Before exchange i had Kodi v17.6, with MySQL server. My movies and concerts are stored on a Synology NAS. My series are stored on my VU+ Ultimo 4k sat receiver, and my music was  stored on a 128 USB stick directly on the Mac mini (because of small SSD).
This system worked since 2012 (i think) and i was more than satisfied with this.

But now i can't get it running:
3rd time is setup the system:
1. New install go everything on 1tb HDD. System was to slow for me ;-) And first problems with installation of mysql. Later it was running, everything was imported, but no new content were scraped. Tried 17.6 and 18RC2
2. Exchanged the 1tb HDD with 500gb SSD: New Mojave installation, wanted to start with clean MySQL installation, but a lot of problems when i tried to enter the password. Tried different version of SQL, different scripts an tutorials. Later the SQL Server was starting and stopping aso (used the home-brew way). Tried 17.6 and 18RC2
3. New try (this one): Clean Mojave with clean MySQL installation (latest version 8.0.13) and directly started with Kodi v18RC2. After a lot of tricky problems eg my.cnf made a lot of trouble to the SQL server (start/stop) a read that with the new version the cif isn't necessary. Deleted it ... adding of my media sources was possible. Everything i have previously exported with info files is imported. A lot of stuff is in. 
But my problem now is: 
It's not possible to scrape new stuff:
- Series is not working. Tried it on 2 different folders. One on Synology and one on the VU+
- Movies i try later, i need a new test file for it.
- Music is stored now directly in the music folder of the Mac Mini: Importing is possible, also update of new content is working.

I have the same advancedsettings.xml; passwords.xml; sources.xml; favorites.xml; wakeonlan.xml; upnp-server.xml. I tried different scrapers but nothing happens.
When i update with Mediaelch, Kodi will add later the new files.

Any hints ? What i'm doing wrong ? What is missed ?
I have no clue any more ... :-(

Logfile: https://paste.kodi.tv/galexepusa
It's a good opening post, but sadly there is still no debug log (wiki) available. Smile

You can also have a look here: https://kodi.wiki/view/Incorrect_and_missing_videos
Sorry Smile

Logfile added in my posting.
Movie scraping seems to work.

New series is also working: Testwise loaded a new series and copied it to a new folder. It was scraped.
But only new episode for existing series will not be scraped.
You cannot have all your episodes from different shows in one folder as you have here...
xml:
CSMBFile::Open - opened smb://USERTongue[email protected]:445/Videos/-Serien-/Criminal Minds - S13E22.mkv, fd=10001
Each TV Show needs its own folder with the show's episodes in that folder.

You also have a lot of local network errors...
xml:
11:54:02.099 T:123145586651136 ERROR: SMBDirectory->GetDirectory: Unable to open directory : 'smb://USERTongue[email protected]/Videos/-Filme-/Police%20Academy/Police%20Academy%207'
unix_err:'3d' error : 'Connection refused'

You are also mixing scrapers. One part of the log shows you using TVDB scraper, then you are using XEM scraper, and then back to TVDB scraper for the same show. You should not do that. Pick one scraper and stick with it. Scrapers are not interchangeable without rescraping the entire show.
The One Criminal minds Episode was for testing in an other location. Will delete that.

The explanation formthe different scrapers: because i had no further clue that was also for testing. Will be Switched back. Possible that the scraper itself got problems?

I will take a look why there are so many network errors.
Debug Mode was not enabled for the first half of the log. That is why it is important that you Restart once you enable it. So if you provide a new log with the restart, then scrape two shows, I might spot what the problem.

Also tell me which shows and provide the link to the show at the scraper site.
Ok. Will come back later with further informations.
Yesterday i tried to create a new log and tried to use the uploader. Log was too big, nearly 3,5 mb huge. 
Now i deleted the biggest series folder on my Vu+ Receiver and proceed further with the second series share on the Synology.
New log will follow.

But i was also able to find a single episode while i was using the manual update. Kodi asked me to choose the correct series for "fear the walking dead". But only possible for one episode.
(2018-12-11, 14:05)MarkusK Wrote: [ -> ]Log was too big, nearly 3,5 mb huge. 
You shouldn't have a log that big if you just restarted Kodi. Disable Update on Startup for video and music library. Don't run an Update. Just navigate to the two shows via Videos>Files and press I on your keyboard
Sry that i saw now you comment.
No Update on startup, no Movies, no Music ... only series.
"smb://VUULTIMO4K/Serien" is the problem share

I created a new log
I installed Kodi new with new MySQL DB. Only added the two series hd folders.
The newer one on the Synology (192.168.0.100): Adding and refreshing possible. Found also new episodes on existing series in existing folders.
On the older archive (VU# ultimo), which also gets new episodes: There were only these episodes scrapped with existing info files. New episodes are ignored. New Series (Das Boot) was scraped with success. The problem occurs only on existing folders/series with new episodes.

here is the log file:

https://paste.kodi.tv/jojekupaci.kodi

PS: This time i also disabled video tags.
My Testseries is "Supernatural" I deleted all extra fan arts, thumbs, pictures and info files - but no scraping of new episodes :-(
So ... 
I tried the way with hitting I on the keyboard on a series.
I got the menu with the option to update the series, than i got a screen to choose the correct series. After that it will be scraped totally new. All know episodes scraped in german like it is chosen in the scraper for the share.
The new copied series will also be scraped but in english. but it's working.

Does this mean i have to scrape everything new with I on one series ?
Ok, here is your problem with Supernatural, and I would expect the same problem with the other shows

xml:
21:49:22.702 T:123145566814208 DEBUG: Get: Archive "http://www.thetvdb.com/api/1D62F2F90030C444/series/78901/all/de.zip"
You are still using the v1 TVDB API. The scrapers are using v2 API since December 2017. Here is some info on what it means... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323588

The simplest way to fix is to delete your tvshow.nfo and Refresh the show not the episodes. After this you will be able to add new episodes again.

(2018-12-11, 23:02)MarkusK Wrote: [ -> ]PS: This time i also disabled video tags.
If you are using a scraper, then make sure this setting remains disabled.

Let us know if that fixes it.
Thx !
I updated 3 shows with "I" and adding of new episodes seems to work :-)
But ... Description is in english :-(

Only a quick test in the morning, more will follow. But we are on the right way :-)
(2018-12-12, 08:28)MarkusK Wrote: [ -> ]Description is in english :-(
Go to...
Videos>Files>Your Source
Call up the Context Menu
Select Change Content
Select Settings
Set the correct language for Language and fallback language if needed.
OK ... everything done. It worked with deleting the tvshow.nfo and hitting "I". 
But i decided to scrap everything new. It was not stable enough for me.
Deleted every nfo files for the whole series and the DB, started from scratch and now it's fine.

Thx for supporting :-)
Hard and long way ... but it's worth
Pages: 1 2