Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: HDMI sound turns off after 30 minutes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,
I switched from OSMC on a raspberry to an HTPC (asrock j3455-itx) with linux mint 19 and an Onkyo AV-receiver connected via HDMI. I'm on the latest Kodi leia beta.

When I listen to music and the TV is turned off the sound is gone after 30 minutes but when I turn back on the TV audio comes back to the AV receiver and I can turn off the TV again.
First the audio device in pulseaudio just switched to analog output, to prevent this I set in /etc/pulse/default hdmi to default by adding set-default-sink alsa_output.pci-0000_00_0e.0.hdmi-stereo
But now the sound just turns off. Also there is nothing related to pulseaudio in the debug log when the sound turns off.

I read a lot in the internet but didn't found anything similar especially with the 30 minutes. I don't think it's a problem with Kodi, but I hope someone here have faced a similar problem and know a solution.

Edit:
Solved, I had to change "Put display to sleep when inactive for 30 minutes" to never in the power management.
Thread marked solved