Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Finished a long standing To-Do , multiple monitors on a single linux Xsever/Card
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was able to setup my den display ( lcd panel ) and my theater display (projector) for easy use, I created two smaller settings.xml files den.xml & ht.xml containing only the audio and videoscreen tag sections. Using a launcher to set "kodi --settings=den.xml" orĀ "kodi --settings=ht.xml" ( These had to be wrapped in the advancedsettings xml tags )

I updated the <monitor> and <screen> sections my nvidia card is defined with separate X screens 0 & 1. I set the monitor to the NAME displayed "HDMI-0" or "DVD-D-0" and screen # to match. The audio I select a different pulse audio sink with Channels that match for the hookup in each room. All works well I can start upstairs or down or both at once and watch separate tv/movies. I should have done it years ago. I did not see this when I searched so here it is for those that may have a similar situation.