Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi Krypton hanging on library clean - Nvidia Shield
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, so I am pretty new to the Kodi scene and recently moved my media library off just a windows 10 computer using a DroboFS and got a nvidia shield and changed the computer into an unraid server.

My old setup
  •  Movies in .mkv stored on DroboFS. 
  • Would just browse using Win 10 computer and play via VLC.
My new setup
  • Used old Win10 computer to make an unraid server
  • Got Nvidia shield and Kodi for viewing/playing media
  • I use TinyMediaManager to scrape and have Kodi use local info only
  • I DID use the DroboFS for storing media and had it scraped while moving things to unraid and making sure I was happy with it

So that's the quick back story, on to my issue I am facing.

I was able to play everything fine on the Drobo, no issues with updating/cleaning library. I moved over to the unraid server, went and removed all the drobo media locations from Kodi, and re-imported my whole collection and things were great for a couple days. Now, I can only sometimes update the library (seems 50/50 and a restart of kodi fixes it) but when it goes to clean the database (I have deleted files, upgraded resolution or audio as I now have 3x the space) and as soon as I hit the clean database button, it just hangs. I've had it sit there for 20+ min until the Nvidia shield goes into standby and my TV goes to sleep due to lack of input.

Going over the log, I can only see one thing weird, it is calling for the smb share my drobo was on, which I had removed those sources and cleaned the DB at that point, but it continues past that until I initiate a DB clean. I am using NFS on my unraid. But other than seeing that one thing, the log is Greek to me...

Log - https://pastebin.com/ayyZJbd4

Help?
(2018-12-11, 23:42)TheRenegade Wrote: [ -> ]which I had removed those sources and cleaned the DB at that point
How did you do that?

The Clean function does not log anything except the function being started. The log will reveal more if you ran an Update Library.
(2018-12-11, 23:53)Karellen Wrote: [ -> ]
(2018-12-11, 23:42)TheRenegade Wrote: [ -> ]which I had removed those sources and cleaned the DB at that point
How did you do that?

The Clean function does not log anything except the function being started. The log will reveal more if you ran an Update Library.  

I removed the media source in the sources menu and it then gives the prompt to remove them from the database, I hit yes.

I will run an update library here now and paste the log.

Edit - I can't paste the log as its to long. What do you need? Can I cut out the contents of the library? The update library ran without a hitch and too a little over 2 min
https://pastebin.com/bN7yVZ15

removed the contents of the library. They were all 

15:12:29.552 T:190881662192   DEBUG: VideoInfoScanner: No (new) information was found in dir nfs://192.168.0.110/mnt/user/Media/Movies/Movies-M/movie name/

edit - it is not calling for anything smb that was my old drobo. I have about 1000 movies and 5000 tv episodes, so not huge from what I understand.
I exported my library and viewed the xml file, I can't find anything that would be looking for files on the drobo...

It still just hangs and never does anything....
Isn't the DroboFS a pretty old NAS by now? It's possible that it doesn't support any of the newer SMB versions. Does it support perhaps NFS?
Yeah the DroboFS is pretty old, its why I replaced it with the unraid. I am no longer pulling media from the Drobo, it's strictly all on an unraid server.

I just can't clean the library, causing some duplicate and deprecated entries.
My NVidia Shield 2017 just got upgraded from Kodi 17.1 to Leia. 
Now I cannot run a 'Clean Library' as it just locks Kodi and eventually quits back to Android screen.

All my content works fine, and libraries in tact.

I tried removing any old SMB sources, as I didn't need those any more. I'm using NFS now, with Synology 1219+ NAS.

I would appreciate some help. I use this function alot, to keep my Libraries up to date, and remove deleted content.