Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: problem with "longpress" actions in keymap.xml under LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.009 ALPHA
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've upgraded from KODI v17.6 to KODI v18 (RC2) using LibreELEC (Leia) v8.90.009 ALPHA and ran into the problem that my previous modified "keymap.xml" located in the "userdata" folder/"keymaps" subfolder does not work anymore with the remote control which was shipped with the WETEK PLAY 2 :-(

I found out that the codes of the remote control buttons did change from KODI v17.6 to 18, so I had to determine them all again with the help of the "Keymap Editor" AddOn. Unfortunately, the "longpress" actions are not working anymore and also prevent the "normal" behaviour of the short pressed key.

Example 1:
xml:

<keymap>
  <Global>
    <keyboard>
      <key id='232'>ActivateWindow(TVRecordings)</key>
    </keyboard>
  </Global>
</keymap
When pressing the remote control button 30 in this example it works as it should (-> the window with the TV recordings pops up).

Example 2:
xml:

<keymap>
  <Global>
    <keyboard>
      <key id='232'>ActivateWindow(TVRecordings)</key>
      <key id='232' mod="longpress">ActivateWindow(Favourites)</key>
    </keyboard>
  </Global>
</keymap>

When long pressing the remote control button 30 in this example it does not work as it should (-> the window with the favourites does not pop up), and when short pressing the remote control button 30 the window with the TV recordings also does not pop up....

Please fix it with a new build!

Thank you in advance!
I don't know if Kodi is case-sensitive, but shouldn't it be <global> without a capital letter?
Just tested it with "global" instead of "Global", unfortunately, it does not make a difference.

Okay, I've created two separated log files for each of the both versions of the "keymap.xml" mentioned above.

Example 1
At  03:36:17.816 I did press remote control button 30 for the first time
https://pastebin.com/9nx2YF9v

Example 2
At  03:53:30.332 I did press remote control button 30 for the first time
https://pastebin.com/rZDp5ULK