Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Video playback problem in ubuntu hardy and PPA SVN
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've installed XBMC in hardy heron from PPA SVN, and i can't play all sort of video properly.
I've an ati 9600 with the latest catalyst for linux installed, and compiz totally disabled (if enabled, XBMC tremble). all the videos are played in a part of the screen, all ghost around.
what can i do?:mad:
please precise your CPU arch ( i386 or amd64 ).
athlon 32bit
Search for "ati*" in this forum.
This is starting to be a more and more occuring issue on ATI video cards ... here's a long thread discussing things:

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=30185

I'm guessing none of the developers have ATI cards so that's why it's sort of going unnoticed ... anyone know if they are taking bug reports yet?

Thanks,
Harry
Oh wait, you already know about that thread cause you posted on it last ... Big Grin

Harry
Looks like we might have a fix for this from one of the developers ... now we just have to wait for it to be implemented in the SVN (see the last page of the other thread for more details).

Thanks,
Harry
de nada harry, i'm very happy in helping of this, i was very tired to watch XBMC having only this problem, in my situation (mplayer don't have nothing of strange...). and i'm very tired seeing ati in a very very very slow develop for linux users.
For anyone else reading this and wanting to help ... here's the solution posted by one of the developers:

I know what that error comes from. Thought this thread was only for greenscreen, also thought that bug was only for windows opengl driver. Interesting that it is the same on linux.

d4rk if you read this, by remapping the texture order in the vertexshader when rect textures are in use. to be 0 = 2, 1 = 0, 2 = 0 that issue goes away.

If anyone else knows exactly what is being referred to here and might be able to change what is need or give some of us some guidance to get this changed ourselves in the code, please, please let us know. I know the developers are quite busy with lots of stuff, so I'm hoping to move things along a little.

Thanks,
Harry