Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: mess showing posters on Android
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello
I have 2 setup of Kodi, one on Windows and another one on Nvidia Shiedl TV.
They work very well.
So I installed Kodi on on the Amazon android tablet and.... I can not have it working properly.

My movie collection is stored on a NAS; every movie in its own folder, .nfo for each movie and all the artworks properly stored.
On Windows and on the Nvidie Shield TV Kodi correctly shows the movie posters on the wall, but not for the Kodi on the Amazon tablet... it shows piece of each movies but not the posters.
Moreover, in the Windows and Nvidia setup, the "movie" menu of Kodi does not display the TV series and I have to select "tv show" on the menu and I get one poster for each show.
On the other hand the Kodi on the Amazon, in the "movie" menu shows an entry for each episode of every TV serie and it is not the poster, but a piece of the movie.

Any suggestions?
Sounds like you've setup the media folders incorrectly and made the directory that contains both movies and tv shows as the main movie folder.
all my settings are the same scross setuups.
the same folder indeed is the source for both movies and tv shows. There is just 1 folder with about 150 movies and 10 tv shows.
with tiny media manager is scraped all my moviews and shows so that each have its own .nfo and artworks.
Why do I need to exclude tv shows folders from MOVIE sraping? On the Windows and Nvidia Shiled they are ignored
(2018-12-16, 17:03)sonus.faber Wrote: [ -> ]the same folder indeed is the source for both movies and tv shows.
That is certainly not the best solution for proper Kodi usage, even if it does involve 'only' 10 TV shows.

Create separate root folders for movies and tv shows, and point each to the correct content setting.
I just performed additional tests.
A) If I add to the "tv shows" a folder containing both tv shows and movies, then, after the content has been scraped, the "tv show" menu of Kodi displays only the tv shows and not movies
B) If I add to "movie" the same folder containing both tv shows and movies, then the "movie" menu of Kodi displays both movies and one entry for each episode\file belonging to tv shows.
The above happens on Kodi installed on Amazon Fire tablet.

on Windows and on Nvidia Shiled TV (android TV), 
A) behaviour is the very same as above
B) is different: the movie menu of Kodi displays only movies, and not the TV shows, even if in the same folder.
You need separate folders for movies and TV shows for Kodi to function correctly.
OK I understood that I need separate folders for MOVIES and TV SHOW, but really I can not understand the differernt behaviour from Kodi on Windows and NVidia Shild TV versus Android on Amazon Tablet...

Anyway, 
my second issue is still alive:
I do not use the online scraping, but I have local .nfo and artworks for each movie, so I do not use online scraping.
almost half of my movies are displayed on the Kodi wall not with the poster, but with a piece of the movie itself.
why?