Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Alternative sorting of series with tmdb scraper
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello,

I have tried it with issue on github but it seems it was misplaced there.
So I hope someone here can help me or fulfill my wish Wink

Here is my Problem:
With the scraper for The Movie Db (tmdb) it is not possible to select an alternative sorting for the default sorting.
In my specific case, I would like to switch from "Original Air Date" to "German Broadcast (TV)" for the series Case Closed. However, this is currently not possible.
Here is a link to the page:
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/30983-case...uage=en-EN

For individual series or at least generally it should be possible to select an alternative sorting.

Can someone (maybe the developer of this scraper) can do this, or give me another solution.
But the solution should not be to have to rename everything Wink

Thanks in advance for your help.
Episode Groups are supported with version 3.1.0 of the scraper, available for Kodi v18 (Leia). 
The scraper works fine on v17 (except for the parts that don't do anything, but they don't interfere).  It just hasn't yet been backported, and it will be after Christmas at this point before I get to it.

The way to get it to work is to make a tvshow.nfo file in the folder of the show, with the contents of the file just being the URL of the episode group you want to use.
In your case that would be:

Code:
https://www.themoviedb.org/tv/30983-case-closed/episode_group/5afdcddd92514127a0001878

Note, this assumes that your files are numbered according to the episode group, i.e. "Staffel 1" is season 1, with 96 episodes (S01E01-S01E96), "Staffel 2" is season 2 (S02E01-S02E75), etc.
It DOES NOT take files numbered according to the original broadcast order and sort them into the episode group ordering.  This is not possible.
A file numbered S01E97 will be ignored, it won't be interpreted as S02E01.

If you choose to refresh the series in Kodi at any point, remember to NOT ignore local information.
(2018-12-20, 14:41)scudlee Wrote: [ -> ]Episode Groups are supported with version 3.1.0 of the scraper, available for Kodi v18 (Leia). 
Oh, that is great. That was a well hidden new feature Wink
This sounds good Big Grin
But I will give the nfo file a chance too.
(2018-12-20, 22:13)draester Wrote: [ -> ]This sounds good Big Grin
But I will give the nfo file a chance too.
The NFO file is the new feature.

EDIT: Just tried it with Firefly and it worked perfectly, thanks.