Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: DTS-MA/Dolby True HD passthrough not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I got a Xiaomi Mi Box S -> Yamaha RX-V483 -> LG 65C8 (firmwares are up to date) and there is no way to enable the DTS-MA/Dolby Tru HD passthrough. Options not showing up, i am stuck to standard DTS.

Same thing with kodi v18 RC3, i have followed every tips i can find here.

Why kodi tries to detect the formats supported by the amp? Why not not just push to audio through no matters the consequences?

Thx for the help
(2018-12-23, 13:53)yan487 Wrote: [ -> ]Why not not just push to audio through no matters the consequences?

Because it doesn't work that way
(2018-12-23, 13:53)yan487 Wrote: [ -> ]I got a Xiaomi Mi Box S -> Yamaha RX-V483 -> LG 65C8 (firmwares are up to date) and there is no way to enable the DTS-MA/Dolby Tru HD passthrough. Options not showing up, i am stuck to standard DTS.

Same thing with kodi v18 RC3, i have followed every tips i can find here.

Why kodi tries to detect the formats supported by the amp? Why not not just push to audio through no matters the consequences?

Thx for the help
 The Xiaomi Mi Box S uses firmware from Amlogic's Oreo SDK that doesn't support IEC61937, so you won't get any HD audio formats playing correctly in Kodi.
It also doesn't support auto frame-rate switching.
(2018-12-24, 08:25)mo123 Wrote: [ -> ] The Xiaomi Mi Box S uses firmware from Amlogic's Oreo SDK that doesn't support IEC61937, so you won't get any HD audio formats playing correctly in Kodi.
It also doesn't support auto frame-rate switching.

Yes that is exactly what is going on. The 2016 Oreo 8.0 Mi Box still has the IEC61937 audio support.
Xiaomi appear to have forgotten the required IEC audio patch set for the newer "S"
Hello everybody.
I have same problem with my Mi box S. In kodi everything is set ok but HD sound format options not showing up.
Only have AC3, DD+ and usual DTS.
Is it possible that Xiaomi will solve this bug by give us some FW upadte or its hardware problem and none FW update can`t solve this problem?
Xiamo FW problem. And only them can fix the root cause. But as you paid them already ... won't most likely happen.

Return the box or use it as paper weight.
get a shield problem solved ;-)
(2018-12-29, 18:16)hn3012 Wrote: [ -> ]get a shield problem solved ;-)
 I did. Thought it would be trouble free:
https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=338857

Nope
The shield cannot workaround Layer-8 issues out of the box.
Android box MX10 or X88 Max is able to process the Dolby 5.1 or higher sound without alteration or loss through it
Android box MX10 or X88 Max is able to process the Dolby 5.1 or higher sound without alteration or loss through it.?