Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: [Bug] Win10 + AVRs -- Kodi freaks out when HDMI signal goes away
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I really want 'Instant On Kodi'. For 4 years this problem has been happening (across multiple PCs/gfx cards) so I know this is a problem with Kodi.

Any fix for this or is this a bug in Kodi that simply has been ignored by the devs?

I use an Intel NUC (8th gen)  + 1080p projector + Denon AVR.

Problem:
If I leave Kodi running and turn off the AVR & Projector - then turn it all back on, Kodi's window is crunched and not normal or visually usable. (Kodi still responds to keystrokes).
When the HDMI signal goes away I must close Kodi - then I must restart Kodi after the AVR handshakes with the NUC, then Kodi displays properly at full screeen 1080p res.
I have always been able to turn my Denon on/off while KODI is open and has no affect on operating KODI.  I actually do this all this time when I prefer my display speakers instead of my surround system.
Does your AVR have a HDMI Passthrough setting? Set it for the Kodi input. (some random image I found on google)

I had a similar issue and it was Windows, not Kodi, that caused the problem. See my post here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322907  

Andy
(2018-12-24, 14:40)AndyHenderson Wrote: [ -> ]I had a similar issue and it was Windows, not Kodi, that caused the problem. See my post here: https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=322907  

Andy
Thx guys

The device looks overpriced for what it is.

I'll see if the hdmi pass through in the avr fixes the issue.

Also look at the EDID app to see if that works
I recently installed a GT 1030, and to my great surprise, its HDMI port is stable when connected to my AVR. That is, Windows 10 doesn't shuffle my monitor configuration or lose the HDMI audio device when I switch inputs or turn the AVR off, which is what happens with Intel graphics and GT 640 and GTX 660 cards. Anyone else observe this?

BTW, I found it's best not to install the Nvidia HDMI audio driver, as it resurrects the silent stream bug. The built-in Windows 10 driver works perfectly for passthrough and everything else and no silent stream bug.