Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Kodi 18 RC3 x64 on Win10 x64 loses connection to MCE compatible remote
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
System set up as in the subject on a clean installation of Win10 and Kodi 18 RC3. My remote will reliably control media functions of Hauppauge WinTV or VLC medica player if they have the focus on my HTPC.  Kodi sometimes works and sometimes does not. If it was working and stops, then I can confirm the hardware is OK by operating the volume control, which operates the windows volume control correctly even when Kodi is not responding. Closing Kodi and opening VLC or WinTV confirms the hardware is OK - they work normally when Kodi has stopped. Any ideas where to look to fix this?

https://paste.kodi.tv/jiyuyijasi.kodi
i have the same and my remote have also a mouse function.
so i have to move the cursor to inside kodi and press one mouse button. after the remote works again.
maybe that can help you.
It's not always clear when Kodi has the focus. If it loses focus it will not respond to remotes or keyboards. As Skybird suggests, try clicking with a mouse - it that fixes the issue then something in your setup is 'stealing' focus from Kodi making it unresponsive.

Andy
Thanks for the suggestion; alas, the mouse tap manoeuvre does not work.