Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: System.Exec
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I've configured Kodi to use an external video player because I want to stream videos to my Google Chromecast instead of local playback on my computer. In order to do so I've created a "playercorefactory.xml" file in the userdata directory which works flawlesly. The problem however is that I want to remap the controls (play, pause, stop, etc.) to custom actions in order to control the stream, I first want to test this on my computer, but the final step will be to install Kore on my smartphone and to use it as a remote. Therefor I've created 2 custom files: "appcommand.xml" and "remote.xml" in userdata\keymaps, which contain following information:

appcommand.xml
xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<appcommand>
<browser_back>Back</browser_back>
<browser_forward/>
<browser_refresh/>
<browser_stop>Stop</browser_stop>
<browser_search/>
<browser_favorites>ActivateWindow(Favourites)</browser_favorites>
<browser_home>FirstPage</browser_home>
<volume_mute/>
<volume_down/>
<volume_up/>
<next_track>SkipNext</next_track>
<prev_track>System.Exec('F:\Tools\go-chromecast\go-chromecast.exe -n "Woonkamer" rewind 30')</prev_track>
<stop>System.Exec('F:\Tools\go-chromecast\go-chromecast.exe -n "Woonkamer" stop')</stop>
<play_pause>PlayPause</play_pause>
<launch_mail/>
<launch_media_select>ActivateWindow(Music)</launch_media_select>
<launch_app1>ActivateWindow(Programs)</launch_app1>
<launch_app2>ActivateWindow(Programs)</launch_app2>
<play>System.Exec('F:\Tools\go-chromecast\go-chromecast.exe -n "Woonkamer" unpause')</play>
<pause>System.Exec('F:\Tools\go-chromecast\go-chromecast.exe -n "Woonkamer" pause')</pause>
<fastforward>FastForward</fastforward>
<rewind>System.Exec('F:\Tools\go-chromecast\go-chromecast.exe -n "Woonkamer" rewind 30')</rewind>
<channelup>PageUp</channelup>
<channeldown>PageDown</channeldown>
</appcommand>
</global>
</keymap>

remote.xml
xml:

<keymap>
<global>
<remote>
<play>System.Exec('F:\Tools\go-chromecast\go-chromecast.exe -n "Woonkamer" unpause')</play>
<pause>ystem.Exec('F:\Tools\go-chromecast\go-chromecast.exe -n "Woonkamer" pause')</pause>
<stop>System.Exec('F:\Tools\go-chromecast\go-chromecast.exe -n "Woonkamer" stop')</stop>
<reverse>System.Exec('F:\Tools\go-chromecast\go-chromecast.exe -n "Woonkamer" rewind 30')</reverse>
<skipminus>System.Exec('F:\Tools\go-chromecast\go-chromecast.exe -n "Woonkamer" rewind 30')</skipminus>
[other data omited]
</remote>
</global>
</keymap>

Unfortunately it doens't work. I've tested the commands separately in a command prompt and then they work. Does anyone have an idea what might go wrong? Does the System.Exec method still exist? Are there alternatives?

Thanks in advance!