Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: error unable to create gui. exiting
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Bonjour j'ai un probleme je tourne sur windows 10 et je vien d'installer kodimais quand je l'ouvre j'ai un ecran noir avec un message "error unable to create gui. exiting"
J'ai regarder plein de tuto mais il ne résout pas mon problème.
Pouvez-vous m'aider svp.
Thread moved to Windows.

The board language is English only please. The use of Google translate and similar sites is acceptable if required to assist in your posting.
This is an English-only forum. Please use Google translate or similar.
This kind of error is often related to your video card or its driver.
Si j'etais vous, j'essaierai de mettre à jour le pilote de la carte vidéo.
Hello I have a problem I turn on windows 10 and I just install kodimais when I open it I have a black screen with a message "error impossible to create mistletoe.
I watch a lot of tutorials but it does not solve my problem.
Can you help me please.
my graphics card is up to date
(2018-12-27, 18:04)tonkastu Wrote: [ -> ]Hello I have a problem I turn on windows 10 and I just install kodimais when I open it I have a black screen with a message "error impossible to create mistletoe.
The only links I myself can find for "kodimais" are related to add-ons providing video content illegally. So if you have any evidence supporting its innocence in this matter, please inform us.

Also the error "impossible to create mistletoe" does not sound very familiar with our current set of official add-ons.
How seasonal that Google would translate G.U.I. with mistletoe. But google is correct if you leave out the periods.
'Kodimais...' means 'Kodi but...'; OP probably omitted the space between the words resulting in google not making sense of it and leaving it as it is.

You provide very little info. No system info, no version of Kodi, no graphic card info.
If you can,
-Please try to provide Kodi.log in %APPDATA%\Kodi\  (Winkey + R %APPDATA%\Kodi\ +tapez Enter)
-Copy and paste Kodi.log (copier/coller) on https://paste.kodi.tv
-Post link back (Mettez le lien ici si possible)

It would be great if you could get us a debug log (wiki)
excuse me I made a typo between kodi and but so it may be kodi.
And here you are escus me.
Hello, I do not really understand what you mean in your message I run Windows 10 my graphics card and update and I have kodi latest version
@tonkastu

To help you with your problem, we need the Debug Log which should show us what the problem is. Without the log, we have no idea what is causing the problem.

Can you follow these instructions to create a proper debug log... https://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=323719