Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Edit code so unknown sources are enabled by default?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I would like to extract the Kodi 18 rc3 APK and edit code to change the default of unknown sources to on by default. Does anyone know where this file is kept and what to change the code to? Then I would repack the .apk
Thanks!
Why?
I am still using Kodi 16. So are my friends and family with my build that I update on my server. I am trying to make It easier for them to update to Kodi 18 as well. Most of them would not be able to navigate to click on unknown sources. Either because they are old and not tech savy.  And want to make my own Apk with my wizard built in. I have done this with Kodi 16. But kodi 16 doesnt make you do the unknown sources thing.
Unknown Sources is a basic security feature and warning notice that is implemented to advise and protect users. Its removal is not something we will assist with.
Doing that is not something we would condone or support for security and user choice reasons.

Whilst your specific case may be controlled, doing something like that is not something we want generally done.
Plus you mentioned the word 'wizard' which sets off alarm bells of pirate addons.
No just my files I have on my server I own. My wizard wont activate addons anyway. Even with unknown sources on. Have to do each one manualy
My opinion: Sorry, the answer remains the same. The option for Unknown Sources is there for a reason. You're on your own.