Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: I can’t seem to find a similar problem here that can help me use Kodi
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi! First of all I am new here and I hope I don’t violate any rules posting this.

I used to run Kodi on my raspberry pi and I t worked great, now I’m trying to install it on windows 10 and it just won’t start. All I get is a black screen and “ERROR: unable to create GUI. Exiting”. I have been searching online for people posting about similar problem, none has helped.

I run on Windows 10 Pro, 64 bit.
I have updated my graphics card drivers (GeForce GTX 680).
I have tried reinstalling it plenty of times with both Leia and Krypton.
I have tried installing it on another account on my PC, same error.

Any help here would be great, this is kind of my last hope. I haven’t tried posting anything about it before, except reddit yesterday (they sent me here). Also my English is a little rusty so I apologise if I type like a middle-schooler lol.
Did you install the correct x64 version matching your x64 O/S?  When the installer runs, did you check MS Visual C++ packages?
X64 version of kodi? Yeah I think I did, is it something easily missed?

Also how do I check those packages?
The MS C++ package comes with the install, re-install to check you have it and your system had permission to install it. Check your Userdata (wiki) folder open the Database folder and delete the Addons.db there was some issues in the migration of a few add-on configurations. If these don't work, let's post a proper debug log as per the link in my signature to a public pastebin and that URL linked back to this thread.