Kodi Community Forum

Full Version: Leia vs Krypton on Fire TV Stick 4K
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
With Leia RC4 on the Fire TV Stick 4K, DVD iso images, and some other of my video files, are unwatchable, but they all play flawlessly with Krypton.

With Leia, with hardware acceleration turned on, the DVD image will display one still image about every 5 seconds (while the audio plays). With hardware accelleration turned off, the DVD image plays with constant stuttering. Some of my other videos play with constant stuttering whether hardware accelleration is on or off.

With Krypton on the same device, all of these videos play fluidly whether hardware acceleration is on or off.

I guess my question is, can this be fixed in Leia? Or am I stuck with Krypton?

A log file that shows playing the DVD iso image "Around the World in 80 Days" is here: yomajotive (paste)
Yes, it's known. Just disable Mediacodec / Mediacodec Surface before playing such files.
Unfortunately, they still play badly even when I do that. Is this something that might be fixed soon or is it a long way off?
Unlikely. Better search for other alternatives.
If you don't need v17 or v18 you can use SPMC Jarvis build 16.7.4. Work great on my fire stick 4k.